If you’ve ever priced the Oil of Olay Regenerist Face Cream, you know that it’s pretty expensive. If you’re on a budget, you may not want to drop nearly $20 for a small jar of face cream. The great news is that you can make your face cream using natural ingredients. In fact, you can make a small jar of the cream for less than a dollar.
The natural ingredients you’ll need to make this DIY face cream include coconut oil, aloe vera gel, jojoba oil, vitamin E oil and lavender oil. Why should you use these ingredients? Take a look at the benefits that each ingredient offers, and you’ll realize why this mixture of ingredients does such a great job on your skin.
- 1 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel (you can use fresh aloe vera gel but this will last for a week if stored in the fridge)
- 1 Teaspoon, or 5 capsules, of Vitamin E Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Jojoba oil
- 1 or 2 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (if you want a creamy consistency, you can add Shea butter/beeswax instead) – just melt 1 tbsp and blend with the ingredients using a handheld electric mixer or an immersion blender until the desired smoothness is achieved or get a lotion consistency)
- if Shea butter or beeswax is not available, you can add 2 tbsp glycerin instead
- In a double broiler, melt the coconut and shea butter (or beeswax). Once everything is melted, let the mixture cool down – then add 1 tsp jojoba oil and 1 tsp vitamin oil.
- Mix all together and place the mixture inside the freezer for 20 minutes or until the mixture will solidify (but still soft inside).
- Place in a mixer and gradually add aloe vera (and essential oil, optional) and beat the mixture until it will turn into a lotion-like consistency.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass container. Store in a cool place.