There are so many great fashion ideas for the nails and I love them all, but getting the same look isn’t always that easy. I had a super busy weekend coming up and knew I wasn’t going to be able to take the time to do my nails before our evening out. I needed a look that would be appropriate for everyday living, like grocery shopping but still be dazzling for a night out on the town. I found some super ideas for a dressy occasion and some clever ones for day wear. There were few that could double as both, but I chose three or four of them.
While some of the versatile ones looked good in the video, I found it hard to get the same effect at home when I did a test run. Then, I ran across this video that gave me both the ombre look that gradually went from dark to light, which offers an elegance and polka dots that go with both formal and daytime wear. Wow! It was easy to do too! Watch, enjoy, try it yourself and you’ll love it. Then share it with your friends.
follow these simple steps:
- Paint all your nails with a clear base coat, let it dry.
- Apply two coats of white polish. Wait to completely dry before starting the next step.
- Take a makeup sponge and paint your desired color polish on one side about two brush strokes wide. Roll the sponge across the tip of your nail. After the first roll, move the sponge down to only half of your nail and do the same until you are almost running out of polish.
- Repeat this with each nail until you’re happy with your ombre.
- Now we’ll apply the polka dots to your nails. Dip your large dotting tool into the white polish and apply three to four dots down the middle of your nail.
- Then apply three dots down either side of the middle row of dots. This should give your nail a nice symmetrical look.
- Wait for your polka dots to dry and use nail polish remover to clean off any access polish on your fingers.
- Then apply a finishing top coat to seal in your design and smooth everything out.