Consider using a potato mask if you want lighter, hydrated skin. Potatoes contain many great nutrients that nourish skin. Save some money by turning to potatoes next time you need a face treatment.
Potatoes have a lot of goodness to offer your skin. Use a potato based face mask, and you’ll end up with moisturized, nourished skin. This root veggie also helps to lighten and brighten your skin, which is perfect if you’re dealing with some dark age spots. It has anti-inflammatory properties, which will contribute to revitalized skin that is stressed. You’ll even enjoy some great anti-aging benefits when you use potatoes topically.
- 1 small potato
- 1 or 2 tbsp whole fat milk (I like using the goat’s milk)
- 1 tsp of vegetable glycerin (or olive, coconut or almond oil)
- Cook or boil 1 small potato including their jackets to retain its useful properties.
- Once cooked, peel the skin off and add 1 or 2 tbsp of whole fat milk. Mash the mixture to make a puree by using fork.
- Add 1 tsp of glycerin or your favorite carrier oil and mix well.
- Apply on your skin and let it sit for 15-20 minutes and rinse