In the past, I have heard people talk about castor oil packs from time to time. I decided to start using the castor oil pack myself. I used it to deal with liver congestion and was surprised at the excellent results I enjoyed.
Castor Oil Packs – The Benefits:
- Castor oil packs help detoxify the body and they have healing properties as well. These packs are often used to help deal with digestive orders, such as constipation.
- Castor oil packs also help to stimulate your liver, helping your body eliminate toxins.
- They also help to relieve pain, particularly the pain that comes with ovarian cysts, uterine pain and menstrual pain.
- Using the castor oil pack speeds up the flow of the lymph system so it’s better able to eliminate waste and toxins from the body. These packs even help to reduce inflammation when applied.
- Another benefit they offer is the ability to increase the flow of your lymphatic system. The lymph system helps to flush away toxins and waste, but your overall health and diet may make the system sluggish.
How to Do a Castor Oil Pack
- Large piece of cotton or cotton flannel that will fit over the right side of your rib cage
- High quality cold-pressed castor oil and hexane-free (you can get this from your health food store or order it online)
- Hot Water Bottle or Heating Pad
- Timer – clock, phone
- Second Towel
Credit: Edgar Cayce’s A.R.E.