Most people know that citrus fruit, particularly grapefruit, is known for it’s high amount of the antioxidant vitamin C, but did you know that it also has powerful antibacterial properties too?
Why these Ingredients?
- Raw Honey not only has antibacterial properties, it too is oozing over with antioxidants and has many other benefits besides. For instance, one study showed that just a spoonful of Malaysian honey each day helps boost post menopausal women’s memory loss even more than hormone replacement. It also offers many beauty benefits as well. Honey also improves the absorption and intake of many other nutrients, including calcium.
- Grapefruit contains several vitamins besides vitamin C. It also has vitamin A, B, D and E. Vitamin A and E are also antioxidants that help keep cells strong. You won’t be short on minerals either when you eat grapefruit since it also has calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, zinc, iron and copper.
How to Do it
- Place the juicy pulp of one large grapefruit in a blender and add one tablespoon of honey ( organic, raw honey is best). This combination will give you a healthy boost each morning, but if consumed after each meal, it makes pounds melt away.
You’ll be getting more than just the vitamins and minerals with this drink. It has contains other phytonutrients, such as pectin, which can help flush excess cholesterol out of your body. One study showed that people who eat one grapefruit a day had 15.5 percent less bad cholesterol and 27 percent less triglycerides. They also had more stable metabolism and lower levels of insulin in the blood.
If you choose one of the varieties of pink grapefruit for your after meal drink, you’ll get a boost of lycopene that also helps protect cells.
Note Before Drinking This Mixture:
- Before you drink your magical elixir, give your body about 20 minutes to give your food a head start on digestion. Just a few sips will help burn many of the calories you consumed in a meal. You’ll also be aiding your heart when you drink grapefruit juice throughout the day.
- It’s an excellent aid for treating hypertension and cardiovascular diseases. You’ll boost your immune system with this drink too, keeping colds, flu and even more serious conditions at bay when you drink it on a regular basis.
Precaution: Make sure to consult your medical practitioner if you’re taking some medications.