Most people don’t really think about their colon and how it functions. However, your colon is an important part of your body, and it needs to function well to keep your body healthy. The colon, which is often called the large intestine, helps remove certain nutrients, salt, and water, and it helps in the formation of your stool. If your colon isn’t performing correctly, your body will continue to hold waste longer than it should. Waste is not efficiency moved if the colon is unhealthy.
If it takes too long for your system to eliminate waste, toxins are re-absorbed and bacteria and fungi thrive. If your colon is healthy, it will eliminate waste every 6-18 hours. Certain foods can help you keep your digestive track cleansed and functioning appropriately.
If your colon is working right, food should be processed in about 24 hours. However, our modern diets often lack essential nutrients, and this means that the time for food to process may slow down significantly. This could leave 20 or 30 pounds of accumulated waste in your body. One sign that you could have this problem is constipation.
- Magnesium Citrate (you can find this on your drugstores or you can order it thru Amazon.com
- Psyllium Husk (you can find this thru your local health store or thru Amazon.com
- distilled Water
Here’s another version for colon cleanse:
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice ( preferably organic)
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup (preferably organic)
- 1/10 Tsp Cayenne (or just a dash of cayenne pepper)
- 8-10 Ounces of Filtered Water