While it may sound strange to use mayonnaise on your hair, this DIY hair mask makes use of the super hydrating properties of mayonnaise. It gives you a creamy, rich mask that leaves hair incredibly glossy and shiny.
This mask effectively treats rough, dry, and damaged hair. The moisturizing ingredients penetrate deep into the hair shaft, moisturizing hair deep inside and locking that moisture into the hair.
This leaves hair wonderfully silky and soft after you use it. You can use this mask twice weekly to enjoy great results.
Homemade Cholesterol Hair Treatment or Homemade Mayonnaise:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 oz olive oil
① Whisk the egg yolk nicely, add the Apple Cider Vinegar and the lemon juice. Whisk again, slowly add the olive oil 1 oz at a time. Keep whisking until it looks whipped. Or you can use a blender. Now you have a homemade cholesterol hair treatment aka mayonnaise.
② Work the homemade mayo into your hair by massaging the mixture into your scalp and roots. Then draw it through to your ends until hair is completely coated.
③ Cover it with a hair cap and let it sit for 20-30 minutes. Wash your hair with shampoo + conditioner and style as usual.
Or If You Already Have Mayonnaise Available, Use this Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Glycerin (or you can use almond, coconut & castor oil)
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- Just mix the above 3 ingredients and apply to damp or dry hair.
- With a slightly damp hair, massage this mixture on your scalp and to each strand of your hair.
- Let it sit for about 20-30 minutes and rinse it off with your regular shampoo and conditioner.