We’ve heard millions of people died annually from mosquitoes related illnesses around the globe. The bites of these tiny bloodsuckers are the carrier of serious maladies that include dengue, malaria, West Nile virus and dog heartworm to name a few.
So, when the enemy is at your door steps, you need to retaliate and come out firing on all cylinders to retake the initiative and repel the invaders. Bug sprays are the obvious solution for this problem, and there are so many of them on the shelves of supermarkets, that the paradox of choice becomes evident.
They have many things in common besides the fact that they help you get rid of bugs, and one of them is that these sprays are full of toxic chemicals that cause neurological damage from soaking through the skin.
Here is an easy way to make some useful, all natural mosquito repellent that also works for ants, fleas and can be used for fleas on pets.
Homemade Mosquito Repellent (Also for Ants and Fleas)
(And free from chemicals that poison the body)
- 1/2 litre of alcohol
- 100 gram of whole cloves (you can find this at the spice section of your local grocers)
- 100 ml of baby oil or similar (almond, sesame, chamomile, lavender, fennel etc)
- Leave cloves to marinate in alcohol for about four days
- Stir every morning and evening
- After 4 days – add the oil
- It’s now ready to use.
- Gently rub a few drops into the skin (arms and legs.)
- Observe the mosquitoes fleeing the room.
- Repels fleas on pets too.