A grilled cheese sandwich should never let you down. It’s one of the first dishes we learned to make for ourselves– It should be crispy and toasted on the outside and gooey with cheese in the middle are comfort food at its finest. If it doesn’t immediately make you relax a little farther in your chair, then it’s not doing its job.
And just when we thought it couldn’t get any better, we found this amazing trick that takes a basic grilled cheese to the next level.
Why it works:
Mayo spreads better than butter does (crucial when you’re using a softer bread like brioche) and has a higher smoke point (meaning it won’t burn as quickly). Plus, the oil and egg in mayonnaise brown nicely and add a creamy flavor to the crust.
You’ll Need :
- 2 slices your favorite sandwich bread
- 2 slices cheddar or your favorite cheese
- powdered sugar (secret ingredient)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons mayonnaise
- Put a nonstick pan over low heat.
- Spread the two slices of bread with an even coat of mayo.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on the bread
- Place one slice of bread in the pan, mayo-side-down.
- Place the cheese slices on top of the bread in the pan.
- Add the other slice of bread, mayo-side-up.
- Cook the sandwich for a few minutes, until the bottom piece of bread is golden-brown.
- Flip the sandwich and cook for a few more minutes until the other piece of bread is also golden-brown and the cheese is melted.
1 thought on “Skip the Butter and Use This on Your Grilled Cheese Instead”
Pingback: Easy DIY White Henna Tutorial | Easy Life Hacks
Comments are closed.